Wednesday, February 3, 2021

Scottsdale's Old Adobe Mission

 

I've featured photos of this Scottsdale landmark before on my blog, most recently here.  However, when I saw this photo in my photo archives, I thought it would be a good one to post.  I always like shooting that stark white against a bright blue sky but that little splash of red from an aloe bloom added just the right contrast.

The mission is the oldest standing church in Scottsdale.  It no longer provides services but is open during the day to view or for quiet contemplation.  

11 comments:

Catarina said...

I like this photo very much!

RedPat said...

That is a gorgeous shot, Sharon!

Thérèse said...

I like the simplicity of this church especially in this environment and the blue sky on top.

Steve Reed said...

Nicely seen!

Allison said...

I love a white church against a blue sky. We have a nice looking church in Tucson, but I'm always in the car driving by, so unless there is a red light, there is no photo.
There is a store that sells giant rusty statues, mainly dinosaurs, and they do sell quickly. The people who have rural property like them lining their driveways.

Revrunner said...

I nice splash of red there as well. :-)

Bill said...

A nicely composed photo, very pretty.

Billy Blue Eyes said...

Not a capture we can get here, not many stark white buildings like that

Catalyst said...

Very patriotic - red, white and blue.

William Kendall said...

A beautiful detail shot.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Gorgeous composition Sharon, the touch of red was an inspiration 🌺