Wednesday, February 17, 2021

Random Things Around Scottsdale

 

This skull has been on the wall of a Scottsdale art gallery for as long as I can remember.  It is located high up on a narrow side wall which makes it difficult to photograph fully.  But, I keep trying.  This is my latest effort.



Casa de Artistas is a Scottsdale gallery that I like to visit every now and then.  They specialize in southwestern art inside.

The paintings to the left are by Rick Kersten who paints brightly colored southwestern scenes.  His works are a good example of some of the beautiful artworks I've enjoyed seeing there.















The wall above separates the Scottsdale Civic Center Park from the private property next door.  I liked the stark look of the wall planted with ocotillo in various places. It is so bland that I doubt that many people even notice it.

Contrast that wall with the colorful glass "flowers" that adorn the roof-line of a casual Scottsdale sandwich restaurant.  Whenever I see this pretty glass creation I'm always thankful that Arizona is not prone to lots of hail storms.

Just a few photos I've accumulated while wandering around the city of Scottsdale.

12 comments:

Travel said...

The colors and the light, I can't wait to get back there,

RedPat said...

It is incredible that the glass flowers are outside and survive storms of any kind, Sharon!

Lucyna Drozłowska said...

Piękne i niezwykłe sa te szklane kwiaty .

PerthDailyPhoto said...

You did so well with the skull shot Sharon, narrow spaces are a nightmare! The glass flowers are wonderful, would love them sitting somewhere in my garden 🌹

Thérèse said...

The bouquet is awesome!

Bill said...

The glass flowers are gorgeous. I am surprised too that they are outside in all kinds of weather.

Susie of Arabia said...

Interesting variety of pics. I really love the colorful glass flowers - and the enormous horns on the first pic - oh my!

Revrunner said...

Startling as well as sculptural--the skull I mean.

William Kendall said...

The skull shot is fascinating.

Catalyst said...

Yes, the colors and the light make Scottsdale an Arizona treasure.

Steve Reed said...

The skull is beautiful -- and I love the shadow on the wall! Maybe a future photo idea would be to concentrate on the shadow? I wonder if those "flowers" are by Dale Chihuly. They look like his work.

Amy said...

I really like all of those, plants and architecture can be art too.