Sunday, April 5, 2020

The Things We are Missing


We are all missing some of our favorite things to do this time of year.  We can't eat out with friends and we can't enjoy our local museums and galleries. Many of you are missing sports events and I'm missing my weekly walks at the Desert Botanical Garden.  Yesterday I drove past The Hermosa Inn and realized that I won't be able to have my annual lunch in the garden among all of their gorgeous flowers.


But, there is a good side to this dilemma.  I have lots of photos from past lunches and many of them were never posted in past years.  So, I'm looking at these photos and remembering those delicious lunches with good friends surrounded by a lush garden landscape.



I'm very happy I have these photos!

I have a new post on Sharon's Sojourns today.  Take a walk around Russell Square in London.

13 comments:

biebkriebels said...

Yes, where would we be without our archives. In the stay home life there is nothing interesting to photograh, except my cat... Lovely place with the flowers, so sad nobody can enjoy them...

Andy said...

Me too. ۜ\(סּںסּَ` )/ۜ

William Kendall said...

These are beautiful!

RedPat said...

I've been doing walks down quiet streets but it does get repetitive. Lovely to see all of those flowers, Sharon.

Janey and Co. said...

It is certainly time to reach into the archives especially if the ones we come across are cheerful. Gorgeous flowers.

Steve Reed said...

Looks like an amazing garden. It's great that you're getting to use some of your older photos, at least!

Bill said...

Beautiful garden shots with lots of colours. The archives are now active, great to see these, Sharon.

Regina said...

Your flower photos are gorgeous. I'm missing not being at worship services at church. Will miss having our annual Easter Sunrise at the park service and Easter service. My friend and I decided that though we can't be at church for Easter we will dress up anyway.
I have special Sunday dresses for church but with church being online I'm in my pajamas.

Revrunner said...

I'm mostly resting in place and getting in as many miles of trail walks as I can possibly manage.

Catalyst said...

As the Queen said today, "We'll meet again."

Kay said...

What a beautiful spot! I've prepared posts later this week thinking about some of the things I'm missing, too. (By the way, a friend has told me that Trader Joe's is only letting a certain number of people at one time into their stores. This is probably why you saw people waiting outside.)

PerthDailyPhoto said...

I'm happy to see them too Sharon, so gorgeous! I knew you would be missing your walks in the Botanical gardens.. hopefully for not too long ✨

Gemel said...

Beautiful!