Thursday, April 23, 2020

Stairway to Heaven??


A little break from the stay-at-home monotony yesterday afternoon.  My friend Glenda is moving into a new place that has been under going major renovations for the past few months.  I found out yesterday morning that the new spiral staircase that is going into her atrium was being installed and would require a crane to lift over the roof and down into the area.


Her new place isn't far from me so I decided to head over and take a few photos.  Here they are lifting it off of the truck that brought it in.


Here it is swinging in the air.  Her condo is to the left and that two story one in the middle of the photo so they still have to swing it to the left to get it over the right spot.

Now it's in position to be lowered into the atrium.


































And, here they are lowering it into position.  By the time I left, they had it all set up and were putting the bolts in to hold it in place.  

It was nice to have something interesting to see, for a change of pace.

12 comments:

biebkriebels said...

Yes that is fun to see, at last some excitement in the house! I like the quote stairway to heaven.

Andy said...

Watch your step.

Revrunner said...

I've long dreamed of living in a house with a spiral staircase.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

That was a lovely distraction Sharon, quite a tricky operation, reminded me of my neighbour's pool being hoisted over their roof from the road into their backyard.. one misjudgment and it's all over 😉

RedPat said...

A nice distraction for you, Sharon. Life is getting so boring.. Love that 1st pic.

Billy Blue Eyes said...

I have seen things like that happening before now especially where I used to work, mind you the guys there would be kitted up with PPE

Allison said...

That is interesting! The road in front of our house is being sealed with some sort of black goo, which means we can't drive on it all day. Not that we're driving much anyway. That was not so interesting as the spiral staircase.

Steve Reed said...

What a great photo opportunity!

Bill said...

Great photos, you were right on the scene to report and document the event. Glad you could fit it in to your schedule. :)

William Kendall said...

That took great care.

Kay said...

That's quite an operation. I hope she enjoys it and her new place.

Catarina said...

Wow!!!
I'm impressed.