Friday, April 17, 2020

I See Frida

Two years ago, I did a post about a visit to the home of woman who collects southwestern art.  I found these two unposted photos from that visit in my archives.   I remember seeing Frida Kahlo peeking through the back of one the dining room chairs.  I wasn't quite sure what I was seeing so I took a closer look.























On the other side of the table was a special chair with a painting of Frida Kahlo on it.  It made an interesting illusion in the top photo because you can't see any of the chair at all from that viewpoint. It just looks like Frida is watching me take photos.

11 comments:

biebkriebels said...

Lovely photo of Frida!

William Kendall said...

That is neat!

Andy said...

Nice framing on the first photo.

RedPat said...

Good one, Sharon!

Revrunner said...

Nice chair, too.

Steve Reed said...

Cool. But I wonder how Frida Kahlo would feel about being painted on a chair?!

Bill said...

Very cool, Sharon.

Travel said...

Great photos

Amy said...

oh I love the painting peeking out from the chair.

Kay said...

You sure made that work in the first photo.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

That's a very cool chair Sharon, love the glimpse of Frieda 💙