Saturday, April 18, 2020

Change of Scenery


Yesterday I drove to Scottsdale and met my friend Glenda so we could take a walk with some new scenery.  I have to admit, the walk was a bit surreal.  The above photo is Main Street in Scottsdale Old Town, an area that this time of year would be simply packed with tourists.  The street is lined with galleries and jewelry stores and those parking spaces you see are simply never empty.  I've tried to find a parking place on this street many, many times with no luck.


This is the time of year when these businesses make all their money.  The late winter and early spring months are the bread and butter of this area.  I couldn't help wondering how many of these stores will survive this crisis.


It was odd to see one of my favorite restaurant, AZ88 closed up with a sign out front advertising a few "take-out" items on the menu.


Scottsdale Civic Center Park was virtually empty with the exception of one or two walkers like us meandering about.  And, there were signs posted everywhere reminding people to maintain social distancing.  There was a bright side, I did get quite a few photos that I can share in the future and it was just great to see new scenery and enjoy the peace and quiet in a place that is never peaceful and quiet.

8 comments:

William Kendall said...

Lovely first and last shots. I can't see the others at present.

RedPat said...

I can't see the 2nd & 3rd pics either, Sharon. It is nice to get out for a change of view and to talk to a friend even from a distance.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Oh I know Sharon, it really is a surreal situation. We went to Fremantle again this morning, it was deserted too! One good thing though, the cruise ship Artania that has been sitting in the harbour for weeks finally left today! Btw can't see two middle pics ✨

Bill said...

It's eerie looking with nothing else around. Missing pics 2-3. I think that is happening to lots of blogs today. I'm missing photos from posts earlier in the week.

Revrunner said...

Hard to imagine under such circumstances how there could be at the same time people fighting for their lives in ICUs around the country.

Steve Reed said...

Yeah, I can't see pics 2 & 3 either. I was on another blog that had a similar problem. Must be something going on with Blogger...?

Anyway, it must have felt GREAT to go somewhere new and see some fresh scenery!

Kay said...

I just noticed that Bill's post (Somewhere in Ireland) from yesterday no longer shows yesterday's photo either. Strange!

It's so odd to see the world so unpopulated. It's darned unbelievable except we're all living it...

Regina said...

It seems Blogger has been acting weird lately with my blog too. It's rather annoying.