Sunday, April 26, 2020

Tending the Herd


I discovered this lady tending a herd of goats on one of my walks in Scottsdale.    I didn't see an artist's name attached to this scene that is slightly hidden from the street.   I have however, featured that tall fellow with his back to us before on this blog.  That statue is called "Blessings to All" and was created by Kathy Whitman known as Elk Woman.  If you click the link, you might notice in that older photo, the lady with the goats was not behind him.  She must have been added to the park-like space more recently.


I wonder if this one was created by the same artist called Elk Woman.  It is a possibility.  Elk Woman is represented by the Bischoff's Gallery which is located next to this little park.  In fact, I think that gallery maintains this park space.

I have a new post on Sharon's Sojourn's today.  I'm visiting the former home of an Italian explorer.

11 comments:

biebkriebels said...

It becomes a bit crowdy there, but the herd is nice to watch.

Catarina said...

That is pleasant to look at.

RedPat said...

I like the woman a lot, Sharon! I see that she even has a dog with her to help with the herd. Hope you are doing okay!

Bill said...

What a beautiful scene with the woman and the herd.

Karl said...

Judging by the style it seems the same artist to me.
Nice setting, Sharon !

Gemel said...

Wow they are awesome.

Amy said...

I really like those, do children ever try to play on them?

Kay said...

That's really nice. And they somehow manage to trim the grass around the feet of all these critters.

William Kendall said...

Quite creative

Steve Reed said...

It looks like it could be the same artist, doesn't it?

Susie of Arabia said...

What a lovely scene to stumble upon!