Tuesday, April 14, 2020

95th Anniversary


I took this photo way back in 2013 and never got around to posting it.  It's of the doors to the offices of Arizona Highways Magazine.  Beautiful doors, don't you think?  Did you notice how the Thunderbird's talons are formed on the door handles?


When I got my most recent issue of the magazine and saw that the publication was celebrating 95 years of beautiful and inspiring photography, it seemed like the perfect time to dig out that old photo I took so many years ago.  People all over the world have been enjoying the wonders of the state of Arizona through this magazine for many, many years.  Here's to many more!

13 comments:

biebkriebels said...

Beautiful image of the door. The magazine must be wonderful to have a look in.

RedPat said...

That is a fabulous door, Sharon!

Karl said...

Great looking door !

Revrunner said...

I can remember seeing copies of this magazine all around my parents' house.

Steve Reed said...

That IS a great door. My grandfather used to get Arizona Highways -- which always amused me because he lived in Maryland. But I guess he was dreaming of travel. (Which was a lot harder back then!)

Bill said...

The door is absolutely beautiful.

Janey and Co. said...

Those are wonderful doors. Arizona is such a beautiful state. We have visited Tubac twice and many of the families that I share a little Colorado town with in the summer have winter homes in Green Valley.

Hang in there...hoping this will eventually be over. I don’t know where I got the energy but I took everything shelves drawers and all out of my fridge today and washed it down!

Lucyna Drozłowska said...

Niezwykłe są te drzwi.

Kay said...

What gorgeous doors! I haven't seen an issue of Arizona Highways in years. I remember devouring it when I came across one.

Catalyst said...

((hearts))

PerthDailyPhoto said...

It is a beautiful door Sharon, you can tell straight away that it is the entrance to a creative space 💙 That is an impressive run for a photography magazine!

Gemel said...

That is one AWESOME entrance!

William Kendall said...

A splendid entrance.