Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Cuddly Friends in Strange Places


When I was in Scottsdale last Friday, I notice quite a few cuddly stuffed animals in some very strange places.  Can you see that cute little dog squeezed in between the "L" and the "O" in Robert Indiana's Love sculpture.


If not, here is a closer view.  There appears to be someone else joining the pup inside the "O".


Then right along Camelback Road I spotted this Teddy Bear fixed to a palm tree.

I learned the next day that there has been a world-wide event happening inspired by a children's book "We are Going on a Bear Hunt" by Michael Rosen.  Since so many children are staying at home right now, people have put teddy bears (and other stuffed animals) in places around their yards or in their windows so when parents are walking with their children, the kids can be searching for the bears. 

I must be a kid at heart because I'm going to keep my eye out for these cuddly creatures too.

15 comments:

Lucyna Drozłowska said...

To wspaniałe w trudnym czasie epidemii odrobina radości.

Andy said...

What a wonderful project. I have never heard of it but from now on I will be on the lookout for the stuffed animals.
ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Me too Sharon, such a cute idea. Especially love the visitors in LOVE 💙

RedPat said...

I'll have to keep an eye out for them, Sharon!

Karl said...

Nice idea.

Revrunner said...

Hmm, I guess I'll have to be on the lookout then. :-)

Bill said...

Great idea, I'll have to look around when I;m out.

Stefan Jansson said...

Fun for kids of all ages.

Catalyst said...

I'll keep an eye out up here.

Allison said...

Steve in London and I have had the missing photo error. Apparently a lot of people do. The Google community has not responded to my asking for help. Steve deletes the bad photo and puts the original on back. I tried that, but then the box would come back. Now I go into the html (which is not complicated) and delete the html for that box. None of this gets to root cause analysis but it does get rid of the box. If you go to this post
http://shadowsteve.blogspot.com/2020/04/bathed-in-pink-light.html
I put more details in a comment.

Love the teddy bears!

Revrunner said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kay said...

I Skyped with a friend recently who had a bear in the window behind her. Our weather is too poor to put one outside and none of our windows lend themselves to displaying a bear. Too bad because I have a nice collection of them.

Bob Crowe said...

Ellie calls them stuffies.

Steve Reed said...

Love the bears! I hadn't heard about this until Sabine told me about it -- when I posted a bear photo of my own. I didn't realize it was linked to something bigger!

William Kendall said...

I've heard of this, in windows.