Thursday, July 20, 2023

Unique Figures

 


This lady resides in one of the windows of Hanny's restaurant and bar in downtown Phoenix.  It's one of many life-sized sculptures that both Hanny's and AZ 88 in Scottsdale have displayed from time to time.  This one is covered in all kinds of beads and baubles.














This lady is found in another one of the windows.



















She is covered in what looks like rusty cloth or rags and is crowned with a very unusual hat.  

While these sculptures have been in the windows of Hanny's for several years, the sculptures at AZ 88 have since been removed.  Remember the lady pouring paint over herself?

10 comments:

roentare said...

These sculptures are stunning!

biebkriebels said...

Very nice to watch at!

Andy said...

Number one is catching my eye. The dress code is something else.

Travel said...

I need to come back there.

Diaday said...

The different perspectives/visions are very interesting!

Steve Reed said...

I feel like I've seen that "beaded lady" somewhere before. I love the rusty spoon hat!

RedPat said...

The 2nd one looks like one of the Tin Man's relatives. I find it rather intriguing.

Bill said...

Very unique sculptures.

Spare Parts and Pics said...

Both are fascinating, but I really like the rusty lady!

William Kendall said...

Wow!