Thursday, July 27, 2023

Nature's Patterns

 


I was scrolling through my photos from the Desert Botanical Garden taken this last spring and I found some close up shots I took of different aloe blooms.  There is a pattern to these colorful blooms but if I get close up to them, they look very abstract.
















I'm missing my walks at the garden.  I'm also hearing that a few of the plants there are struggling with the intense heat we have been having.  I hope they are able to survive.  I am looking forward to seeing them sometime soon.


13 comments:

biebkriebels said...

You made some great photo's!

Andy said...

Wow! That is the best closeup I have seen in a longtime.

Diaday said...

Beautiful! The pattern has an official name, the Fibonacci sequence. I learned about this in a high school math class, didn't get it and still don't, but understood what it was when the teacher showed a picture of the center of a sunflower as an example. The high temps are making their way to the Midwest. Hope they cool down soon. Stay safe!

Travel said...

Close ups reveal the detail that makes up the big picture. A few weeks and it will cool off.

RedPat said...

These are great shots, Sharon. I don't blame you for not walking outside these days. The heat must be overwhelming. We have high humidity now but the temps are a lot lower than yours.

Bill said...

Beautiful shots of nature's treasures.

William Kendall said...

Imagine any of these as a thousand piece jigsaw puzzle.

Aimz said...

I like the flowers, a bit unusual, they don't grow so well here.

Gemel said...

These are fabulous.

roentare said...

The pattern and colours are mesmerising

Spare Parts and Pics said...

Beautiful aloe blooms, and they do create some lovely patterns. Hoping they survive the intense heat.

Catalyst said...

Your pictures are just amazing. Always. You definitely have "the eye".

Steve Reed said...

Beautiful pics! Here's hoping the botanical experts will be able to keep those plants going.