Wednesday, July 26, 2023

The Bee's Knees

 

Those of you who have been following my blog for a number of years know that I have a "thing" for interesting dishes and tableware.  Before I moved to where I now live, I actually had 12 sets of dishes.  I've cut that down by half since then.  These days, I'm still drawn by the lovely patterns but I tend to take photos of them instead of buying them.  That's how I ended up with a snapshot of this set honoring the humble (but very necessary) honey bee.  I think the whole set is very nice.


On the table with this set of dishes was a bottle of The Bee's Knees cocktail mixer.  This one says it's lemon and honey flavored.  I have no idea what it tastes like but it goes perfectly with the dishes.  

11 comments:

Gemel said...

Beautiful tableware.

roentare said...

The tableware are certainly special

Andy said...

For some reason this is what popped into my mind. ·¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.-<\\^}0=:
Well it's a darn good life
And it's kinda funny
How the Lord made the bee
And the bee made the honey
And the honeybee lookin' for a home
And they called it honeycomb
And they roamed the world and they gathered all
Of the honeycomb into one sweet ball
And the honeycomb from a million trips
Made my baby's lips

Travel said...

I love it. When we redid the kitchen we cut down to just what gets used. If space were unlimited . . . I'd have to have.

RedPat said...

It's lovely, Sharon. You must have a lot of space to keep so many sets of dishes of your own.

Bill said...

The dishes are lovely, very nice.

Diaday said...

What a beautiful china set! I, too, love pretty dishes, and also have six sets thanks to my mom. (One is mine, the rest are from her). My daughters have dibs on two of the sets so one of these days they will find their way to Chicago. One of these days is taking a very long time! I don't use the china very often, but when I do, everyone appreciates the setting.

Catalyst said...

You have to stop collecting that stuff, my friend.

William Kendall said...

Since I live alone, I only have a one set of four dishware and a couple of other items from before I'd bought that- but for whatever reason I seem to have a lot of glasses.

Amy said...

I think I'd try that cocktail.

Steve Reed said...

I do like the bee theme! Lemon & honey mixer makes me think of Robitussin, though.