Sunday, July 23, 2023

Mystery Plant

 

I photographed this plant back in early June when I was at the Desert Botanical Garden.  There wasn't a sign on it so I had no idea what it was.


A week later when I was at the garden, there was a handwritten sign that said it was "comfrey".  However, when I look that plant up on Google, the blooms in the images I see look nothing like this.  So I think it's still a mystery.  Maybe one of you garden experts can let me know what you think it is.

The bees were showing an interest in it too but I'm betting they know exactly what it is.  Bees are plant experts. They just don't speak my language.  

18 comments:

roentare said...

you caught the bee in flight!

biebkriebels said...

I like the plant with flowers, bur can't help you...

Andy said...

Your plant and bee closeups are fantastic!

Catarina said...

Unknown to me.

Travel said...

I know someone who might know. Great bee shot.

Travel said...

My expert says

Borage

Annual flowering herb

RedPat said...

I have no idea. Will have to check out what Borage is as I don't know it at all.

Sharon said...

Borage it is!! Thank you very much!

Bill said...

I love the bee who entered your photo, it was a fantastic additon

SPACE said...

Lovely photo.

Thérèse said...

It is said to be used as a tea with the leaves and for decorating salads for the flowers. It looks lovely.

Diaday said...

What a beautiful photo with the blue flower and its fuzzies and the bee that flew into the picture.

Catalyst said...

Yup, borage it is. The Google id'ed it instantly! 😊

Gemel said...

Borage, very pretty photos.

The Happy Whisk said...

Catching a bee in-flight. Very cool.

William Kendall said...

I'd have had no idea.

Amy said...

it's borage, I planted some seeds in my garden for Spring, the bees love them.

Steve Reed said...

We've had borage volunteer in our garden -- the bees love it and it's beautiful!