Sunday, July 9, 2023

Something I Miss

 

I came across these photos in my files and they reminded me how much I miss this former annual event at the Phoenix Art Museum.  It was called "Arts & Flowers".  The museum would let floral designers choose a particular artwork and then they would create a floral arrangement to compliment that piece.  The painting above is Lady with Beads by Kees Van Dongen.



The abstract painting above is called City Dynamism by Raymond Jonson and the floral arrangement to the left is the complement to this painting.


















The last event like this at the art museum was back in 2015 and I really miss that weekend of flowers and art very much.  When I was working full time, I'd actually take a day off just so I could be at the museum when flowers were fresh and fragrant.  

The Kahinde Wiley painting above was paired with this arrangement back in 2015.  I like how this arrangement is made of floating flowers just like the background of the actual painting.

It really is too bad the art museum doesn't have this event any longer.

12 comments:

Andy said...

Intriguing. paintings. For sure hey have my attention.

biebkriebels said...

What a nice exhibition and even with a Dutch artist.

roentare said...

Great selection of art works.

Travel said...

It does look like fun, I would think the challenge is that the flowers are only going to last a few days.

Linda Sue said...

THAT was an excellent exhibit! I love all of it and the men in bright Orange flower back ground just sends me into total bliss. I can understand why you miss this exhibit- it is charming and lovely!

Bill said...

A wonderful exhibition and presentation. Very nice!

Steve Reed said...

That IS a shame. I wonder why they stopped it? I love that Wiley painting.

Cloudia said...

Thanks for sharing it with us!

RedPat said...

It is too bad that they stopped doing that event, Sharon.

Catalyst said...

That first painting is first class.

Aimz said...

I really like the flower arrangements. Are the purple ones Hydrangeas?

William Kendall said...

Beautiful works!