Monday, July 24, 2023

Not Much Help

 


I stopped at Biltmore Fashion Park shopping center on Saturday to pick up a few things.  They had the misters going full blast as you can see in the photos.  It didn't help much.  When the temperatures rise above 115, there isn't much relief.  

I parked in the covered parking and walked through a store to get to where I wanted to go, so I spent as little time as possible outside.  

We desert people are used to high temperatures but this current "heat dome" is testing us in many ways.  


13 comments:

roentare said...

Looks extreme heat everywhere. That place would be like a giant oven.

Andy said...

It's hot here but not as hot as your heat.

Travel said...

Kind of like winter in the mid-west, stay inside as much as possible.

RedPat said...

I can't imagine those kind of temperatures, Sharon. Stay safe.

Sami said...

Wow, very hot! We never got that high a temperature in Perth! Sadly even in Europe many countries are suffering with the extreme heat and fires.

William Kendall said...

I've only seen misters used here once.

Catarina said...

115?!! 46 C.
I would have stayed at home. Heat waves make me anxious. : )

Bill said...

That is taking heat to the extreme. Stay cool and safe.

Catalyst said...

Having spent 15 years in Phoenix I know what you mean. Thank goodness for air conditioning and swimming pools!

Gemel said...

I am not looking forward to summer, I understand how testing the heat can be.

Amy said...

No doubt you would get use to the temperatures if you lived there your whole life, do you get a dry heat there?

The Happy Whisk said...

Above 115 Wow, I can't wrap my head around that - Yikes!

Steve Reed said...

I bet the misting helps the landscaping, though!