Saturday, July 15, 2023

Carved Out of the Mountain

 

A little over a year ago I was with my friends on one of those special home and garden tours that happen in the spring.  After touring all the houses, we drove around up on one hillside to take in the view.  A long way across the valley, I zoomed in on a house I saw that looked like it was carved out of the side of the mountain.

I zoomed in a little closer and it certainly does look like the space for the house was actually scraped out of the side of the mountain and this very large house was fitted into the space.  

The funny thing is that I could never find this house again.  I wanted to get a closer photo but I simply could not find the place back again until....

...I finally saw a few days ago.  I snapped this shot with my iPhone, so I wasn't able to zoom in this time however, you can see the house to the left in this photo.  Now if I can find that road, I might be able to drive up there and get a closer look at this place.  The way that mountain appears carved around the house is very intriguing to me.

12 comments:

biebkriebels said...

Yes a strange place to lift a house in...

Andy said...

I am proud of you Sharon. You never give up!

Stefan Jansson said...

You should test the GPS app What3Words. Very good for saving interesting places.

Travel said...

Would I carve the mountain, or make the house fit around the mountain?

Diaday said...

Sounds like you have an adventure ahead of you. Have fun house hunting!

William Kendall said...

Very unusual.

RedPat said...

The view to the back must be a bit oppressive don't you think? Good for you that you found it again, Sharon.

Steve Reed said...

How the heck did THAT ever get a building permit?!

Bill said...

Interesting place to have a house built. Hope you can find the road where it is located.

Catalyst said...

By virtue of it and all of its neighboring homes, I'd say that's the very high rent district.

roentare said...

Hope it does not get a landslide in any wet weather

Gardens at Waters East said...

Thanks for the posting. I have been to Phoenix and there are some veery interesting structure out your way. Love seeing this house - interesting have never seen it when out that way.