Friday, July 21, 2023

Very Tall Palm Trees

 

Two houses in the same historic neighborhood are surrounded by very tall palm trees.  The trees around this house are especially tall.  I would hate to be the tree trimmer who has to climb to the top of these trees to give them a trim.  From the looks of the trees they have recently been trimmed. Bravo to the brave souls who did that job. 

These trees are not quite as tall as the those in the photo above.  Both of these houses were found in the Windsor Historic District.  One of the many historic districts in the city of Phoenix.  I love looking at the homes in these areas of town.  

12 comments:

Andy said...

I prefer to stay on the ground and watch the Pros climb the trees.

Travel said...

Tall trees mark the passage of time.

RedPat said...

I can't imagine how they would go about climbing those huge trees, Sharon.

Catarina said...

I had never seen palm trees that are trying to reach the sky...

Bill said...

The palm trees are incredibly tall. These trees definitely require a pro to trim them. It would be interesting to see that.

Linda Sue said...

surprising to read that palm trees are in the grass family- TALL grass!!

Spare Parts and Pics said...

I was thinking about the tree trimmers too (even before reading your post). I've seen those guys climb up with their chain saws... incredible!!

Catalyst said...

If I lived in either of those houses, I'd be in fear of the high winds of the monsoon season. Those in the first photo look more insecure than the ones in the second.

William Kendall said...

Beautiful shots!

roentare said...

Love the facade and trees.

Stefan Jansson said...

Wow, tall indeed.

Steve Reed said...

They are beautiful palms! Those Washingtonias (top) are the ones that line the streets in Beverly Hills, I believe.