Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Drenched




A little over a year ago, I introduced you to the art works of Bill Tonnesen.  He makes sculptures of all kinds but it's his human form sculptures that really catch the eye.

This lady pouring the black paint all over her is one of his works.  It's located on the patio dining area of AZ88, that Scottsdale restaurant I've featured here many times.  It's the one with the changing art exhibits however, this lady is a permanent feature.















Here she is from the side.



































This big lady is also found at AZ88 greeting guests just inside the front door.  She has been sitting there for many years wearing her tutu and funny hat.

The other Bill Tonnesen sculptures that I've featured in the past are here and here.

I'm sure I'll find more of his sculptures to share with you as I continue my explorations.  They are all over the valley.

8 comments:

biebkriebels said...

I like them, they are very realistic, but have no idea what he tries to tell us.

Andy said...

I am with biebkriebels on this one. What did the artist have on his mind? After searching Google I am no further ahead.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

I was surprised at the first sculpture Sharon it seems like a much more serious work than the artist's usual style ☺ love his quirky style ✨

RedPat said...

Certainly unique, Sharon! At first I thought the top one had been vandalized.

William Kendall said...

Peculiar, especially the first one.

Judy Ryer said...

Well done and unusual sculptures and fun to get to see them.

Bill said...

I thought the top one had been vandalized too. Different kind of style but nice to see and photograph.

Catalyst said...

So, how's the food?