Thursday, July 6, 2023

Tasting the Prickly Pear Fruit

 

The telephoto lens on my little Nikon camera sometimes surprises me.  I use it a lot when taking photos of animals and birds and it can be tricky to keep steady when the lens if fully extended and it's hand-held.  However, every now and then I'll get a good, clear shot like this one of a squirrel snacking on a prickly-pear fruit.

I can get even closer and I'm still far enough away that the little critter doesn't get intimidated by my presence.  This little fellow just continued nibbling on its treat.  

11 comments:

William Kendall said...

A very cooperative fellow.

Catarina said...

Yes, these are excellent pictures!

Travel said...

Amazing. The longest lens Nikon made for the series of camera I am using, is 300mm on APSC. I wish they made something longer - the line has been discontinued.

Steve Reed said...

Great shots! A good telephoto or zoom lens is one thing that I miss when taking pictures with my phone. (Also a good macro.)

Bill said...

Great captures and a very impressive phone photo.

RedPat said...

These are great shots, Sharon. It is interesting to see the variation in its fur.

Catalyst said...

Amazing photos!

Linda Sue said...

you must have a very steady hand! I looked up your camera , i admire your photography so much, but I am sure that I could not take anything that was not an absolute blur. I wobble!

roentare said...

Seriously in love with the nuts

Jack said...

Camera capabilities are pretty amazing these days.

Thérèse said...

Perfect catch.