Tuesday, January 3, 2023

The Rain Is Needed

 

This photo pretty much sums up the weather this past week between Christmas and New Year.  It either rained or it was just overcast, extremely overcast.  I was hoping to have the week to get out and get some photos but the weather was not cooperating.  I don't want to complain because we can certainly use the rain but it would have been nice to have at least one sunny day.  

I took the photo above at the Phoenix Art Museum.  The courtyard at the museum looked rather pretty with a glazing of water.  Spending a gloomy day inside the art museum seemed like a smart thing to do.  I saw lots of new pieces of art and I saw some of my old favorites presented in a completely different context.  It made me appreciate the curators who are constantly putting together new ways to view the art.

9 comments:

Stefan Jansson said...

A bit too much wide-angle for my liking.

biebkriebels said...

The same here, only rain instaed of snow and ice.

Andy said...

Lucky you Sharon. From my point of view in winter it makes me feel happy that spring will be here in a few months.

Travel said...

Some days I walk in the rain, some days I just get wet. Great photo of the rain,

William Kendall said...

This time of year, a museum or gallery are the perfect solution for the photographer.

RedPat said...

We have been having the same kind of weather here, Sharon. It is so dull outside but for us I'm sure there will be snow ahead.

Steve Reed said...

It's good to get rain when you need it, but it's not always good to be out IN it!

Bill said...

We had our sunny day yesterday. Back to rain today. :(

roentare said...

After the rain, the place looks pristine and washed