Sunday, January 15, 2023

The Art of Clutter

 

When I was at the Phoenix Art Museum at the end of December, I found this "sculpture" in the contemporary art gallery.  It was created by Jeff Colson, a California-based artist.  It's called "Shelf" and is a proposed gift to the museum.  (The link takes you to the Google image page for the artist.  You can see that he is well known for putting together this kind of sculpture.)

Seeing that sculpture inspired me to photograph the closet self in the room I use as an office.  I never thought the clutter of my office closet could be considered artistic.  😁

I have a new post on Sharon's Sojourns today.  A visit to Tucson is in order.

8 comments:

William Kendall said...

That's a case where modern art really doesn't work for me.

Andy said...

Sharon your clutter is much more neater than mine.

Stefan Jansson said...

Ha ha.

Travel said...

My house is one giant art installation

RedPat said...

When I saw the pic I thought that your shelf was one of his sculptures. My place is one big sculpture of his type.

Bill said...

Who knew. :) We all have art sculptures that we never knew about.

Catarina said...

Hahahahah
And here I was planning to kind of tidy up my basement. Maybe I am an artist after all...

Catalyst said...

It's as artistic as his is.