Friday, January 6, 2023

The Art of Cloisonné

 


When I was at the Phoenix Art Museum last week  one of the exhibits I enjoyed was a collection of beautiful cloisonné vessels.  They were all 19th century pieces and all from Japan.  

My favorite was this one with a cityscape look to it.  It was so different from all the others.  














This one is a little more traditional with a beautiful flower motif.



















This third one was described as having a wisteria image.  

They were all pretty amazing to see.  They were described as being created with fine wires and glass paste.  Creating these beauties must take both talent and incredible patience.  

10 comments:

Andy said...

Yup... this is truly Eye Candy.

Travel said...

Incredible work.

William Kendall said...

The third is my favourite.

RedPat said...

Real craft skill, Sharon.

Catarina said...

They are very beautiful. I wouldn't mind having one. : )

Bill said...

They are all beautiful, my favorite is the first one.

Steve Reed said...

Those are amazing. I agree, I like the cityscape best too.

roentare said...

Great craftsmanship

Catalyst said...

Marvelous. I'd like to see that exhibit.

biebkriebels said...

I like the last one the most.