Sunday, January 8, 2023

Another Rainy View

 


These two photos are from my visit to the Phoenix Art Museum last week when it was raining almost every day.  I took these from a window on the 3rd floor of the museum and facing directly south toward downtown.  

While I was taking the shot, I noticed I could see the cancer survivors sculpture across the street so I zoomed in on it.  I posted a photo of that sculpture back in July of 2008.  I had just begun this blog so it was one of the first posts.  

2008 was seven years before I discovered that I had breast cancer so now this sculpture means a little more to me than when I photographed it all those years ago.  


I have a new post on Sharon's Sojourns today.  Travel is a time to indulge.  

11 comments:

roentare said...

Rain seems to cleanse the city beautifully

Andy said...

I lost 3 family members to cancer. I wish I knew what to say.

RedPat said...

Very poignant. I never knew you had breast cancer and am glad you are okay now, Sharon.

Travel said...

Does rain wash the city? Life after, is a second chance.

Steve Reed said...

I'm sure it's significant to you now in ways that it wasn't before!

Bill said...

My dad died of cancer when I was young. Glad you are ok now and doing well.

Catalyst said...

Oh! I had no idea you'd had cancer. Good on you for overcoming it!

It's not often Phoenix can be seen looking wet. Good photos.

William Kendall said...

Good that you're okay. So many have either had it or has had a loved one deal with cancer.

Spare Parts and Pics said...

Pretty view from the 3rd story. I think we got a lot of the same rain you did last week.

Catarina said...

Nice views.
You are a talented, artistic and strong woman. God bless you always.

The Happy Whisk said...

That's understandable about the sculpture meaning more to you now.