Monday, January 2, 2023

See the USA....

 

I found this clever map of the states hanging on a wall at a local restaurant.  Someone has taken license plates from all the states and cut them to the actual shape of each state and them placed them in the exact location of each state.  Some painstaking work went into putting this together.


After I downloaded the photo I got to wondering that little square was sitting just above Minnesota.  So I enlarged it.  It looks to me like Jesus is giving his blessing over the whole thing.  I wonder who added that little feature.

9 comments:

biebkriebels said...

Funny to look at.

Andy said...

Reminds me of Dinah Shore's song "See the USA in your Chevrolet" - 1953

William Kendall said...

That is creative!

RedPat said...

That is very cool, Sharon. You are right that it would have taken a lot of work.

Travel said...

Neat piece of art, and I agree with Andy on what it reminds me of.

Catarina said...

That took time and a lot of dedication.
Jesus is blessing the country. : )

Steve Reed said...

That's pretty cool. I'm especially impressed at the New England states -- they're so small, and yet whoever made this was able to give them an identity!

Jesus seems to be blessing Minnesota in particular.

Bill said...

An interesting and well done piece of art.

roentare said...

Quite an effort to make this. Quite clever too