Sunday, January 29, 2023

New Life at Park Central


 I'm following up yesterday's post with a few more photos from the massive changes at ParkCentral.  The area that once was a thriving shopping center has been converted into a very pleasant business complex.  There are fountains and gardens scattered throughout the area.

I noticed that the owners of the property are paying homage to the site's former tenants.  They have named the buildings for the department stores they once housed.  This building is "Goldwater" after the former Goldwater's department store.  I loved shopping there when I first moved to Arizona. 

This building is named "Diamond" after the department store called Diamond's. On another end of the shopping complex was a JC Penney's store.  Three huge anchor department stores will tell you that this was once a thriving shopping complex.

I had to show one more photo with a business sign because I just loved the name.  Nerdery is a business that works with other businesses to create a digital presence.  I'm guessing they help businesses with creating websites and other social media products.  What a great name for the business.

I have a new post on Sharon's Sojourns today. An important discovery is the subject.

5 comments:

William Kendall said...

Such an unusual conversion.

Travel said...

A really great re-use. I met friends at a bar there back in 2018 or 2019.

RedPat said...

Love that 1st fountain, Sharon. I miss all the great department stores that used to be all over the city.

Bill said...

What a cool fountain section.

roentare said...

Love the jets and fountains with purple lights