Thursday, January 5, 2023

Dogs and Photo Tricks

 


My close friends David and Riley have two beautiful dogs who are so much fun to be around.  But like most dogs, they are a bit camera shy.  They recently sent me this picture that they snapped one afternoon before Alexis (the little one) and Casper figured out they were holding a camera.













I decided that it was a good enough photo to do some artistic editing.  My first option was this sketch-like version.

















This version gave them a new background and an abstract look.


















My favorite of all the edits was this one that gives Alexis and Casper a Kahinde Wiley type of background.  It looks like they've been painted by a famous artist.  

10 comments:

biebkriebels said...

Artistic experiments!

Andy said...

Sharon your artistic skills are much better than anything I could do. Keep up the good work. PS: Count me in as a dog lover.

Travel said...

Sometimes I find dogs easier to photograph than people. Dogs always know that they look perfect just as they are. Love what you did with the photo in editing.

William Kendall said...

So cute!

RedPat said...

You had some real fun with that shot, Sharon. They look like lovely dogs.

Catarina said...

I like all versions.

Bill said...

Wow, some nice editing work. I like them all.

roentare said...

Beautiful drawings of the pair

Steve Reed said...

I like the middle one. Very mod!

The Happy Whisk said...

Such lovely pups. I don't know if you've tried this so please take what you want and toss the rest. I found that the best way to get a dog to take a picture is to look at them. They like to look at our eyes, not into the lens. I find this way works so well with our pups.