Friday, January 27, 2023

Queen of the Desert

 

Priscilla, Queen of the Desert was spotted next to a building on Central Avenue recently.  I quickly turned the corner to get a photo.  

This Priscilla is looking in a lot better shape than the original that made that lengthy trip across the Australian outback back in 1994.















It turns out that Priscilla belongs to ION Arizona, a LGBTQ magazine.  It's a pretty sleek looking motorhome.  It would be fun to drive it across the desert.
I loved that old movie "The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert".  I need to look for it and watch it again.  


11 comments:

roentare said...

The colour on the bus is definitely striking

biebkriebels said...

I have heard of the movie but can't remember it anymore.But it was fun anyway.

Andy said...

She's old but still in remarkable shape!

Travel said...

A memory that makes me smile.

William Kendall said...

Very colourful.

RedPat said...

I loved the movie too, Sharon.

Steve Reed said...

One of my all-time favorite movies! But yeah, that motor home is way too sleek and new to be the bona fide Priscilla. :)

Bill said...

I'll have to look up the movie, I don't recall seeing it. Great looking bus, I like it.

Linda Sue said...

Priscilla Queen of the Desert was our "go to" movie for years! Over and over again. When I see the actors in other films I am immediately taken to the outback- a cock on a rock in a frock. Groove thang!

Amy said...

one of my favourite movies, so cool the bus is still around.

Catalyst said...

Sounds interesting and since I'm taking cues from other bloggers I'll take one from you and see if I can find that movie too. :^D