Wednesday, January 25, 2023

Early Bloomers

 

When I was driving home from the Desert Botanical Garden last Sunday, I caught sight of this colorful yard on my way home and I immediately turned the corner to go back for a second look.


The yard was covered with the yellow and orange blooms of African Daisies.  I was surprised to see them.  They usually don't pop up until mid February.  I wonder if all the rain we have been getting prompted them to make an early appearance.  


Whatever the reason for the early start, they are a welcome sight to see.  It's been unseasonably cold here in the desert southwest this January so these little bursts of sunshine are sign of the warmth to come.  


12 comments:

roentare said...

They are indeed colourful and dazzling

biebkriebels said...

Nature is a bit confused......

Andy said...

Early... how lucky can you get?

William Kendall said...

Very cheerful.

Travel said...

Great colors, I need to remember to turn around and go back when I see something special

RedPat said...

A gorgeous sight, Sharon. We are supposed to get major snow here starting this afternoon.

Steve Reed said...

What a glorious sight for January! I was thinking it was a bit early for those!

Stefan Jansson said...

Great, I'm guessing it will be a while before I can shoot something similar!

Bill said...

What a colourful sight to see.

Gemel said...

Beautiful!

Catalyst said...

It can't come any too soon.

Amy said...

They are really cheerful when they bloom