Monday, February 28, 2022

Art With a Sense of Humor

 

A few of the artists at the Celebration of Fine Art create images with a bit of humor and whimsey and sometimes a touch of irony.  Barbara Rudolf is one of those artists.  I featured one of her paintings last year.  It was the clever take on To Kill A Mockingbird with her version called Tequila Mockingbird. (It's at the bottom of this post.) I thought this play on Crime and Punishment was also pretty clever.  

My favorite painting from this year's collection was another one with a tequila theme.  This one is just so exquisitely painted.  

Another artist with a sense of humor is Leah Kiser.  I loved this painting called fine feathered friends.  Pink cats covered in feathers are truly a rare sight!  Ms. Kiser says she gets a lot of inspiration from her young children.  If you check her link, you will see some of her dancing dinosaurs.  


I featured Jenny Foster about two years ago but she deserves another look.  Her whimsical animals will always put a smile on my face.  I loved this long-eared rabbit.  Jenny was a joy to talk to.  She's every bit as happy and spirited as her wonderful paintings.


I've been going to this event every year and posting about it since 2010.  If you are curious about other artists you can click the tag C of FA at the bottom of the page.

13 comments:

Andy said...

Interesting art. The artists are thinking outside of the box,

biebkriebels said...

They are all funny and well painted!

Gemel said...

These are fabulous.

Travel said...

I love the cats and the bunny

RedPat said...

I like them all especially that rabbit, Sharon. I could live with that rabbit.

Linda Sue said...

Thank you for this- the paintings are fabulous of course and there is always room for paintings with a twist. I love this!! I have a friend who paints realism- ships in the harbour and sailing vessels mostly, Foss Tug company hired him to do calendars and large paintings - commercial to say the least, But the artist always had something in the painting that gave a wink- that saved us from groaning.

Bill said...

Fun art, I like it.

Janey and Co. said...

Love these!

Steve Reed said...

I love the big-eared rabbit too!

Catalyst said...

We have been to that exhibit many times in years gone by. We truly miss it as our stamina has disappeared.

William Kendall said...

These are wonderful.

Revrunner said...

The world could use some humor today.

Catarina said...

Very original!!