Friday, February 11, 2022

Something Very Different

 

One year ago, I like so many others, found myself "locked-down" at home due to the pandemic.  As someone who is always out taking photos everywhere I go, I suddenly found myself wondering what to do with myself.  To fight off the boredom, I found myself photographing things around the house and making my own little abstract art pieces.  The one above was my first attempt.  I had a drawer full of "Sharpie" pens in a rainbow of colors so I arranged them and photographed them.

On another day, I photographed these two sets of multi-colored crayons.  Using the crayons to make art turned out to not work very well but, I love how they look in their boxes.


I purchased these three colorful "sticks" at the Phoenix Art Museum.  They are just decorative pieces that can be placed in bouquets of flowers or into potted plants to brighten them up.  I actually put this photo to use as one of the backgrounds on my iPhone.

Tomorrow I'll show you one more.

10 comments:

Andy said...

Well done Sharon. Boredom has it's challenges and sometimes we have to think outside of the box.

Gemel said...

Love those sticks. Very creative.

Billy Blue Eyes said...

You know you are no different to me in that

biebkriebels said...

Very colourful creations!

Travel said...

Wonderful, there is awe and wonder all around us.

William Kendall said...

Very creative!

RedPat said...

These are great, Sharon! Between the lockdowns and the cold snowy weather here it has been hard to get out and about.

Steve Reed said...

Great shots! It IS a challenge to produce photographs when you're stuck inside. (As I've rediscovered over the past week!)

Bill said...

You have no shortage on creativity. Nice and colourful, I love those sticks.

Catarina said...

Boredom boosts creativity!!!