Wednesday, February 9, 2022

Walking Among the Crowds

 

Last weekend I went for a walk at the Desert Botanical Garden hoping for a nice, quiet walk.  However, it was more crowded than I have seen it in years.  Our great winter weather combined with the Chihuly exhibit have sent attendance at the garden soaring.  It seemed like there were crowds on every trail.



It did give me an opportunity to photograph the huge cardon cactus with some people in the foreground.  That way you can see just how big these giant cactus are.  They grow up taller than any saguaro cactus.  


9 comments:

Andy said...

Man-O-Man... those cactus are much bigger than I thought.

Gemel said...

Lovely to see many people enjoying the garden.

biebkriebels said...

I can imagine people are sick of the pandemie and want to go out!

Travel said...

That is crowded,

RedPat said...

Crowds feel rather spooky to see even in a photo. I hope I get over that feeling. Those cacti are huge.

William Kendall said...

That cactus is huge.

Steve Reed said...

That IS a big cactus!

Bill said...

Wow, I never realized the cactus was that tall. Great photo, Sharon.

Amy said...

That huge cactus is cool, I didn't know they got that big.