Wednesday, February 2, 2022

Taking the Tour

 

Back at the beginning of January, I went to Taliesin West to see the Chihuly glass sculptures that were placed there.  At Taliesin, you have to join a tour group to explore the grounds and buildings.  It's an interesting tour that I've taken at least twice before but I always see something new.  Today I have some photos I took on the tour.  First up, this scene from the room where Frank Lloyd Wright used to work to create some of his designs.

In this room, he would have meetings with clients and other architects.  

While I was listening to the tour guide, I noticed this little arrangement on a wall near me.  I thought it make a nice "still life" arrangement.  

The tour always ends up in the little theater or entertainment room.  When Wright lived here, he used this room to show movies or listen to music.  It's still used today by teachers and students studying architecture here.

12 comments:

Travel said...

Something to add to the must see list

Gemel said...

The theatre room is fabulous.

William Kendall said...

Beautiful spaces to be in.

RedPat said...

Another place I would like to visit, Sharon!

Bill said...

A wonderful tour. I like the theatre room.

Steve Reed said...

I'm sure the tour is interesting and the architecture is, of course, beautiful. But you know, I hate places that MAKE me take a tour.

Gardens at Waters East said...

I do enjoy anything Frank Lloyd Wright. I spent much of the day a couple of years back at Taliesen here in Wisconsin. I also have been fortunate to tour a number of his homes and buildings in California, Arizona, Wisconsin and there is even one 25 miles from me in Two Rivers Wisconsin which I find to be the most "human" proportion of his many home. The dimensions are perfect scale for human habitation.
Thaks for the posting.

Amy said...

I just love his designs, mind you I love anything from that era.

Catalyst said...

The ceilings seem so low in his rooms. Of course he was a little man.

Stefan Jansson said...

Interesting place.

biebkriebels said...

This is so nice to see. I remember I have been there too long ago at a Frank Lloyd Wright tour through the States.

Janey and Co. said...

I would enjoy this tour.