Tuesday, February 15, 2022

The Squirrelly Squirrel

 

When I was at the Desert Botanical Garden a week ago I took a few minutes to sit at one of the tables around the patio cafe.  This little antelope squirrel took a keen interest in me.  He watched for a while and then would run right up to my foot.  When he got that close, I would move my foot ever so slightly and he would skitter back to is observation point.  After a minute or two, he'd try again.  People tend to toss scraps at these little creatures even though the signs warn not to feed the animals.  But because some people still do, these little creatures tend to get too close.  I tried to tell him that potato chips and bread crusts were not good for him but he just gave me that little sneer you see in the bottom right photo.

9 comments:

Andy said...

The good news is that they do not bite the hand that feeds them. ;-)

Steve Reed said...

Like most people who eat potato chips, he's not concerned about the health ramifications!

biebkriebels said...

Clever creature!

Sami said...

What funny expressions, such a cute critter :)

RedPat said...

He is a sweetie, Sharon! I bet he gets rewarded by a lot of people.

William Kendall said...

Such a cutie.

Bill said...

He puts on his cutie face so people will reward him. Clever little critter.

Catalyst said...

I wonder if he would have tried to bite your foot if you hadn't moved it.

Gemel said...

How adorable.