Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Early Evening Light

 

When I was at the Heard Museum last Friday night, I walked around to take in the early evening light from the approaching sunset.  It was shining directly on these ladies from the Doug Hyde sculpture called "Intertribal Gathering".  I featured this sculpture a few years ago.  The statue faces directly west so it gets the afternoon light.

I returned about  30 minutes later and the sun had slipped below the horizon so the ladies were no longer in the spotlight.  However, they were still standing watch in front of the museum.  


The play of early evening light, while it lasted was entertaining to watch.  

8 comments:

Gemel said...

Beautiful photos Sharon.

Andy said...

Sunset is a great time of the day to take photos. I like those long shadows.

Travel said...

the golden hour

William Kendall said...

These are wonderful.

RedPat said...

Great shots, Sharon.

Steve Reed said...

Interesting sculpture, and I do like that last photo a lot!

Bill said...

Great shots with the beautiful light, Sharon.

Revrunner said...

Gosh! Looks like that sculpture was inspired by Rodin.