Wednesday, February 16, 2022

Sculpted Metal

 


I tried to go for walk at the Scottsdale Civic Center park last weekend only to find in closed for construction.  I'm not sure what is happening there but the entire park was closed off with special instructions for how to get to the various buildings the frame the park.  

So, instead of a walk in the park, I took a short walk along the old town streets.  That's where I saw these two saguaro cactus made of metal. They were in a little garden outside a gallery shop.










I guess if you don't want to care for the real thing, you can always opt for one of these beauties.  

The one in the top photo almost looks real, doesn't it?

9 comments:

Janey and Co. said...

Sorry the park was closed. I am always in awe of this beautiful giants…and spent a lot of time when I was in AZ snapping pictures. You have discovering some great ones!

biebkriebels said...

They look very real indeed!

Steve Reed said...

I was going to say the same -- that top one looks very realistic!

Gemel said...

Wowsers! Very realistic.

William Kendall said...

The first one looks very real.

RedPat said...

They would look fabulous here out in the snow!

Bill said...

I thought the first one was read until I read on. I like the way you photographed it.

Maria Rodrigues said...

I loved the perspective of the first photo.

Travel said...

Those would survive in this climate