Tuesday, January 19, 2021

The Small and the Large

 

These three quiver trees are growing in containers at the Desert Botanical Garden.  Quiver trees are native to Southern Africa and their official name is Aloe Dichotoma.  


These quiver trees are on display at a landscaping company I've visited many times in Cave Creek, just north of Scottsdale.  They are pretty impressive when they get big like these.  I think they look kind of exotic.  Which do you like better, the little ones or the big ones?

10 comments:

biebkriebels said...

The big ones look like brushes to remove the dust :)

Andy said...

I am guessing that the trees in the pots are bonsai. They will never reach the size of their brothers and sisters.

Thérèse said...

I would prefer the little ones... does their sap help with burns? I still don't have aloe in our yard and I burnt myself yesterday evening, I applied honey instead... and it seems to be working but not as well as the aloe.

Travel said...

I wonder if the small ones, stay small, or if the outgrow the container? The large ones are neat.

RedPat said...

I can't decide. I do like the small ones for an indoor plant though.

Steve Reed said...

What bizarre-looking trees! I had no idea aloes could grow in tree form. Do you think the little ones and the big ones are the same species? I think I like the smaller ones in containers. We can see the branches more clearly.

Bill said...

The bigger ones look like heads of broccoli.:) I do like the smaller ones better.

Catalyst said...

I guess I'm odd - I prefer the big ones.

William Kendall said...

These are new to me.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Hard to choose Sharon they both look exotic in their own way, if I had to choose I'd probably pick the smaller type 🌵