Thursday, January 28, 2021

Rain in the Desert

 

We have so few days when we get rain that when the clouds do show up, it's a big deal.  That's why I have two more rain related photos today.  This shot is looking at Camelback Mountain with the clouds hugging it.

This shot of a pretty tree waiting for new leaves to sprout.  The rain will help to urge that process along.  I love everything about desert, winter rains except the cold temperatures.  It is certainly not cold by most of the country's standards but it feels pretty cold to me.

12 comments:

Andy said...

Rain in the desert... I can understand why you get excited. Have fun, stay safe.

Travel said...

Love the desert, stay warm, the cold won't last long.

RedPat said...

Stay warm, Sharon! It is -13˚C here right now but sunny!

Catarina said...

That is quite an event!!

William Kendall said...

I like the mood to these shots.

Steve Reed said...

Nice shots! I can totally understand why rain would be photo-worthy for you!

Bill said...

Beautiful shots, love that big tree. Enjoy the rain, stay warm and toasty.

Thérèse said...

Rain means so many flowers for later. Enjoy those clouds Sharon.

Catalyst said...

I turned our thermostat up to 77 late this afternoon. Rain and maybe snow again tomorrow.

Amy said...

I bet it's well needed when it turns up. We have been going through a heatwave, hopefully the Autumn rains will be here soon.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

I understand completely Sharon, those rainy days are so precious and anticipated. The perfume of rain on hot dry land should be bottled, I'd buy it 😉

Susie of Arabia said...

We've actually finally had our AC off the past 2 days and got the windows open. I sure miss Arizona.