Tuesday, January 5, 2021

Birds on a Wire

 


I heard the chatter from these peach-faced lovebirds before I saw them.  I didn't expect see them on the electrical wires but there they were having a  conversation with each other.


Soon they were joined by a starling, a mockingbird and a grackle.  What a great example of nature's diversity.  I think they were all waiting for the lady from the yard below to fill the bird feeder.

I learned that today was National "Bird" Day so this post is for the birds!


9 comments:

Susie of Arabia said...

Such pretty birds! You got great shots of them. Happy New Year!

Andy said...

Nice variety of birds and all of them are smart enough to know where the food supply is located.

biebkriebels said...

A nice community to have a chat with each other on the wire.

RedPat said...

Wonderful shots, Sharon! I always love seeing the Lovebirds since we had them as pets at home when I grew up.

Thérèse said...

What a bunch§ What a shot!

Travel said...

Love the colorful birds, three eagles on my morning walk today.

Revrunner said...

Reminds of the Painted Bunting causing quite a stir near D.C.

Bill said...

A very inclusive bunch. Gret shot, Sharon.

Steve Reed said...

I love those lovebirds. So colorful!