Saturday, January 2, 2021

Giant Orbs and Giant Trees

 

I'm not sure what prompted me to remember this house but about a week before Christmas I drove down this street to see if they still had all those giant orbs hanging on trees.  I first spotted them back in 2010 and I don't think I've driven by since then.

You see, the street dead ends so it's not one you would even occasionally drive on.  When I got to the end of the street and was about to turn around, I found this house hidden behind these two enormous trees.  

Those trees are so massive, you can hardly see the house as you approach.  It wasn't until I got right in front of those two trees that I could see the house behind.  The trees on this short street are quite magical.  It gave me the feeling that they might have secrets to share.    

13 comments:

Andy said...

Massive trees. Someone is giving them lots of TLC.

biebkriebels said...

They are huge indeed, must be rather dark in the houses behind!

William Kendall said...

Well taken care of.

Catarina said...

They are massive and probably ancient...

Travel said...

Good theme day, what secrets lurk within? Love the giant balls.

Revrunner said...

I noticed a few places who were hanging ornaments on trees and shrubs outside this Christmas. I suppose the reason there aren't more has to do with our tendency toward having nor'easters blow through here, sometimes without much warning.

Steve Reed said...

Those are some very impressive trees! I bet they help lower that homeowner's power bills by keeping things cool.

Bill said...

Whoever lives there doesn't have to worry about getting some shade.

RedPat said...

They must help to keep the house cool in your hot months.

Linda said...

I love the giant orbs! Happy New Year!

Amy said...

The house behind the trees would get lots of privacy, I hope they get some sun too and that the trees don't block it out.

Gemel said...

Love those orbs.

Susie of Arabia said...

Those trees are awesome. I bet they would look spectacular lit up with lights. I really love those orbs in the first shot too.