Thursday, February 8, 2024

Three Other Discoveries

 

After viewing the baskets from yesterday's post, I wandered around the museum briefly and spotted this painting that I don't remember seeing before.  As you can see, it's part of a display inside a glass case.  The artist is Michael Chiago.  It made me smile so I thought I'd share it.

In the collector's gallery, I saw this very colorful  painting by Tony Abeyta.  It's priced at $7500 in case any of you are interested.  It would look great hanging on my wall.


This last photo is a bit of an illusion.  I walked back to where the little enclosed garden is located and I happened spot the reflection of that Allan Houser sculpture called "War Horse" in the glass door leading out to the garden.  See it over there on the far left?  I posted photos of it back in June.  I was looking through glass at a reflection in more glass.  


9 comments:

roentare said...

the 2nd shot is stunning! I love that colour and design very much

biebkriebels said...

Nice things to see there!

Travel said...

Time to dance.

RedPat said...

I would love to go to that museum, Sharon. Nice shots.

Diaday said...

Beautiful art. Love the "War Horse" sculpture!

Catarina said...

Very unique.

Gemel said...

Fantastic art!

Steve Reed said...

I love that last shot -- good angles and reflections. The Abeyta painting is beautiful. I can't quite see what those objects are between the fires in the top painting? Baskets?

Aimz said...

The painting in the first photo to me looks like they are doing some sort of dance or ritual.