Wednesday, February 7, 2024

Many, Many Baskets

 


I stopped at the Heard Museum last weekend just to have lunch but, while I was eating I remembered that there was an exhibit of the Basha Family Basket Collection that I wanted to see.

It turned out to be an amazing collection of Native American baskets in an array of dazzling designs. 













 Eddie Basha was a very well known and well respected grocer with supermarket stores all over Arizona.  He was also a local philanthropist who could be seen supporting a variety of charitable endeavors.  I was surprised to see how large his collection of baskets had become.  


8 comments:

Steve Reed said...

I can't imagine how hard it must be to weave a basket and work in that much detail.

Diaday said...

The designs and details in those baskets is stunning. And to think this was all done by hand.

RedPat said...

These are wonderful. I love the patterns, Sharon.

Catarina said...

I like the patterns as well.

Travel said...

Nice collection. There was also a basket tradition in the low-lands of coastal Georgia and South Carolina. Sweetgrass baskets that hold their scent for decades.

roentare said...

Looks well made

Catalyst said...

Wonderful. Eddie was a treasure to Arizona.

Gemel said...

WOW!!