Sunday, February 18, 2024

Enjoying the Ride

 

I got to pretend I was Barbie for just a minute when I took a "spin" in her hot pink convertible.  The heart shaped sunglasses were an added bonus.


I didn't realize that so many designers got on the Barbie band wagon designing clothes for the tiny girl.  Here she is in an Oscar de la Renta gown.

































Bob Mackie who was designing exotic costumes for Cher and other performers, collaborated with Mattel to create 50 collector dolls.



































The exhibit included just three of those collector dolls.  

It was a fun exhibit that everyone around me seemed to be enjoying.  There were young and old alike and men as well as women reminiscing as they viewed the various display cases.  


I have a new post on Sharon's Sojourns today.  I'm making a visit to Covent Garden.

7 comments:

Travel said...

The perfect car for a mild day in the Valley of the Sun,

Diaday said...

what a fun day!

RedPat said...

Great fun to sit in the car, Sharon.

Steve Reed said...

I assume you meant "hot pink" rather than "bot pink," but Barbie IS kind of a bot, isn't she? (As in artificial but pretending to be human.) So that works too! I love the Bob Mackie gowns. Were those dresses ever made for people or are those exclusively Barbie designs?

Sharon said...

Thanks Steve, I correct "hot". I believe those gowns were exclusive to the dolls. However, I can certainly picture Cher in something similar.

roentare said...

The car is so gorgeous!

Sami said...

That must have been a fun exhibition. Love the car and wonderful that you sit inside. We had some Barbie props at the cinemas when we had the Barbie movie.
I must have been about 11 or 12 when I had my first and only Barbie. Unlike the ones I see today, it could bend the arms and legs. Wish I still had it, I'm sure it would be very valuable, lol.
The couture gowns are fabulous!