Monday, February 5, 2024

All About the Egg

 


I'm finally seeing some murals painted on utility boxes.  I used to see them on other blogs but never around here.  Suddenly, I'm seeing them in different places.

This one was in Tempe when I was there a week ago.  It was painted by an artist who goes the the name "The Lady Egg".  














It's a rather strange combination of images.  Is that cow being beamed up into a flying saucer?  And, does that banana have eyes?  

I see a lot of questions marks displayed so maybe the artist doesn't know either.


Taking part in Monday Murals.  

12 comments:

Sami said...

These utility boxes are very quirky and the artist has a quirky name too :)
Thanks for participating in Monday Murals Sharon.

biebkriebels said...

Nice murals at a good place.

Travel said...

If it makes us wonder, it is art. I wonder if they had to get permission from the utility company to paint the boxes?

RedPat said...

It's odd but I like it, Sharon.

Diaday said...

Artists are putting artistic wraps around the downtown Dayton utility boxes. I need to take a stroll soon to take some photos.

Aimz said...

Even her name sounds intriguing.

Stefan Jansson said...

Ha, great street art.

roentare said...

The banana peel is fun

Gemel said...

They are doing the same thing here.
One can never have too much art in their life.

Catalyst said...

These are most tasteful than some but I, like you, have no idea what they mean. If anything.

Catarina said...

Most of the time I don't know the meaning of this type of art.

Steve Reed said...

Very mysterious! I'd say the artist is poking fun at her own curious images with all those question marks.