Friday, February 16, 2024

Admiring the Birds

 

If you've followed my blog for any length of time, you've probably figured out that I love photographing birds.  I also love observing them.  I think that whenever I'm outdoors, I'm always conscious of the birds around me. So, today I'll honor them with a few more photos.  First up, a roadrunner sitting on a wall.

Here's a grackle who stopped by to visit me as I was having lunch on the patio of a restaurant.  He didn't know he was going to get his picture taken.

One of my favorite birds to photograph, the peach-faced lovebird.  These characters have made their home here in the Phoenix area.  No one seems to know how they arrived in the area.  The consensus is that some pets might have escaped captivity at one time.  They have thrived here ever since.  

This is one of the many Gamble's quail that reside at the Desert Botanical Garden.  This one found a good place to perch to get a sweeping view of the area.

6 comments:

roentare said...

That Gambie's quail looks so beautiful!

biebkriebels said...

They all look so beautiful!

Travel said...

You have great patience, and peace to capture some of these. I had the longer lens on the last couple of walks in the swamp.

Stefan Jansson said...

Birds are fun to photograph, I should restart that hobby. The livebird really stands out.

RedPat said...

These are great shots of each bird, Sharon. My favourite is the Lovebird.

Steve Reed said...

Great shots, all! It's so nice to see quail. I'm sure I've told you this but I used to see them in Florida as a child -- I haven't seen one in many, many years.