Saturday, February 17, 2024

A Cultural Icon

 

I went to the Phoenix Art Museum yesterday to see the new exhibit "Barbie: A Cultural Icon".  It was a fun exhibit that brought back lots of memories.  

For instance, this is the very first Barbie doll dressed in her black and white bathing suit with her signature pony tail.  
















And here she is a few years later standing on the moon! Barbie could do anything!



















The exhibit explored how the doll evolved to include all young girls.


Tomorrow I'll show you a few more photos from this exhibit.

6 comments:

Travel said...

And then in the 90's she turned into a pink world.

Diaday said...

My sister loved her Barbies. For me, they were OK.

RedPat said...

I never had a Barbie. I don't think I missed anything.

Spare Parts and Pics said...

What a fun exhibit. And great timing with the movie!

roentare said...

These barbie collections are fabulous

Catalyst said...

Oh, puh-leeeze!!!