Saturday, May 20, 2023

Those Colorful Birds

 


A blog post I read yesterday made me think about when I was living on the other side of town in the house that was visited by the peach-faced lovebirds.  So, I decided to scroll though my photo archives and reminisce about how much I loved watching those birds.  

These two pictures were taken in 2013 when I first discovered them in a tree in my front yard.  














I put up a couple of bird feeders in the back yard and they started to hang out there.  Shortly after that, I learned about the giant seed squares so I got one of those and they loved it so much, they invited all their friends.  Sometimes there would be as many as twenty chowing down at the same time.


And then I moved to the other side of town and I had to look for them in other places.  One afternoon I saw a few on wires running behind a friend's house.


Every now and then I'll see a few at the Desert Botanical Garden.  I miss their daily visits.  I know they are still around the Phoenix area because I can hear them in various parts of town.  I just wish I saw them more often than I do now.  


11 comments:

biebkriebels said...

They are beautiful!

roentare said...

The love birds are so cute together

Andy said...

Your visitors are colourful, beautiful and always looking for food.

Travel said...

Such pretty birds.

RedPat said...

These shots take me back to when I was a kid and we had a pair of Lovebirds at home. They were really smart birds and lived a long time. They loved classical music and would be mesmerized whenever it was played. We let them out to roam the house regularly but they were big chewers so you had to watch them. Thanks, Sharon.

Steve Reed said...

They are SO pretty! I especially like the shot of them on the seed square.

Allison said...

Phoenix and Tucson have provided excellent environments for the birds to live and prosper. I never saw one in the wild, but they're out there, living in saguaros.

Catarina said...

These birds are gorgeous!

Bill said...

Wow, what a pretty group of birds.

William Kendall said...

What beauties they are.

Catalyst said...

Those birds are gorgeous. Here the birds seem to have abandoned us. No sign of any yet though we did have a huge passel of robins who apparently were just passing through in the trees in our front yard for a couple of days weeks ago.