Monday, May 22, 2023

Close Encounter

 

I went for another 6:00 AM walk at the Desert Botanical Garden yesterday.  At one point, I was watching this quail walking around near me when all of a sudden he jumped up on the wall only about two feet away.  He was watching me and I was watching him and we both were perfectly happy to be there.

It was a good morning for bird watching as well as other desert critters.  I saw rabbits and squirrels and lizards and I even saw a bullfrog.  I'll have more photos to show you this week.

10 comments:

roentare said...

This quail looks so exotic! What a crown

Andy said...

Nature has a good gripe on you. The photos are fantastic!

Travel said...

Wow,worth getting out at that hour.

RedPat said...

I would love to see one of those birds. They look so unusual, Sharon.

Catarina said...

A majestic bird!

Steve Reed said...

Great shots! The quail never fail!

Bill said...

Great captures, Sharon. The quail is a beauty.

Amy said...

He's very curious, usually they run away quickly here

Gemel said...

Stunning!

William Kendall said...

A very appealing bird.