Sunday, May 14, 2023

More Santa Fe Scenes

 

I realize that I posted a photo of this sculpture in yesterday's post but that was before I knew about the fire torches behind it.  Returning to the hotel last night I spotted the fire behind the the sculpture and thought it added a whole new dimension.  

I spent the day on Museum Hill in Santa Fe.  It is a beautiful place with four different museums all together in a very picturesque spot outside of the city.  And this is my very favorite gift shop anywhere I've been.  It's located in the Wheelwright Museum of the American Indian and it's built to look like an authentic western trading post complete with a very creaky wooden floor. I love shopping here. It's like stepping back in time.

This last photo is of wonderful and fanciful sculpture in the courtyard of the restaurant where I had dinner.  Isn't that the sweetest bronze bunny you've ever seen?

10 comments:

roentare said...

The first photo now looks like having human sacrifice for a cult of some sort lol. Great arts though.

William Kendall said...

The bunny sculpture looks very relaxed.

Andy said...

Yesterday in the comments I said there's more to see... for the first time in my life I was right.
(‾⌣‾)

Travel said...

I was in Santa Fe once for maybe 45 minutes, you are showing me reasons to go back.

RedPat said...

I love that bunny, Sharon.

Steve Reed said...

Yeah, that top sculpture is creepy! I do like the bunny, though.

Bill said...

I love the bunny sculpture, it's a beauty.

Catalyst said...

I love the torches AND the bronze bunny!

Amy said...

I really like the rabbit, what a cute guy

Gemel said...

Marvelous shots!