Thursday, May 18, 2023

A Brilliant Hand

 


This hand was found as part of new exhibit at the Phoenix Art Museum.  The artist for this is Glenn Ligon who created this using the "outlines and contours of his own palm in neon".  

When I saw this, I couldn't resist taking a photo just to see how it would look.  I like how it turned out.  

















I decided it might be a good subject for some artistic manipulation.  Here are my two favorites from my experimentation.  


This one makes the neon glow with other colors.












I like this one with its mosaic look too.  

As always, it's just fun to play with certain photos.

10 comments:

Andy said...

Everything looks handy to me... smile! ۜ٩(^‿^)۶

Travel said...

Neon is fun stuff to photograph, great catch

Steve Reed said...

Excellent! An interesting artwork, and interesting photographic treatments!

RedPat said...

I love neon. You had some fun, Sharon.

William Kendall said...

I like your treatments of it.

Bill said...

Wonderful artwork, Sharon.

Amy said...

the top one is really cool, the lines are like safety pins

Gemel said...

I like your versions.

Catalyst said...

I'm with Amy. Are those supposed to be safety pins stuck through his hand? Yikes!

roentare said...

Palm reading is an art too