Saturday, May 13, 2023

Escape to Santa Fe

 

I flew to Santa Fe New Mexico yesterday morning and am staying at the Inn at Loretto pictured above.  I always wanted to try this hotel because it's so beautiful.  It's been great so far.  


I like this interesting sculpture I found on the hotel grounds.

















There are also several wisteria vines tumbling over many of the walls around the place.  Earlier in the day, I saw a lot of lilac bushes full of blooms and filling the air with their wonderful scent.  Lilacs and wisteria, two plants I would rarely see in the Phoenix area.


In addition to a lot of walking, I made a stop at the Georgia O'Keefe museum.  The White Feather painting is one of my favorites.  

9 comments:

Andy said...

Enjoy... It looks like there is more to see.

roentare said...

These are gorgeous photos! Enjoy your trip!

William Kendall said...

A lovely place.

Travel said...

Have a great stay, looks so pretty

RedPat said...

Lucky you. That is somewhere I have always wanted to go. I miss the blog that was set there for so long.

Bill said...

Have a fun time, the hotel loos nice.

Catalyst said...

Oh, lucky you! And the FOOD! The FOOD is so good there!

Steve Reed said...

I remember the Georgia O'Keeffe museum. I went there when I visited Santa Fe, 28 years ago! It's probably changed. :)

Gemel said...

The hotel is incredible!